Virtually all sources will tell you, «If your menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days, the ovulation occurs in its middle, i.e. on the day 14». Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Now, what are you to do if your cycle is 21 or 35 days instead of 28, i.e. the extreme points of the norm? This is where the difficulties of a numerical determination of the ovulation date arise, yet this date is important for you, either because you are planning a pregnancy or because you are not. We will now reveal the secret of how to calculate it correctly.
How to calculate?
To determine the ovulation date correctly, you should know that the lifespan of a yellow body is a constant that never changes in a healthy female body under any circumstances. The yellow body is a temporary gland that produces progesterone and forms in the ovary after the ovum comes out of the follicle.
The yellow body functions for 14 days and then undergoes devolution. A small white scar forms in its place in the ovary.
So what is it for? Progesterone that is generated in the yellow body is requisite for supporting the pregnancy if a fertilization occurs, if not, the yellow body will transform into a white one, in place of which that small white scar in the ovary appears.
Even in the absence of a pregnancy, the yellow body manages to «work», as a small amount of progesterone is produced. Still, even small doses of this hormone are very important for your body. The thing is that this substance possesses an anti-cancer potency. The scientists have proved that a normal level of progesterone in a female body significantly reduced the risk of:
- mastopathy — a benign pathology where local or diffuse enlargements appear in the breast;
- breast cancer;
- uterine fibroid;
- endometriosis — a disease where elements similar to the cells of the internal layer of uterus in terms of their structure and functions appear outside it (in the vagina, ovaries, kidneys, lungs, etc.);
- endometrial hyperplasia and its polyps, i.e. enlargement of the internal uterine layer; and
- uterine cancer.
This is why ovulation is very important for a female body. Now you understand how to calculate it.
- You need to know your cycle’s length.
- Subtract 14 days from it. The result will be the ovulation date.
The ovulation dates may shift under certain circumstances. It is connected with 2 processes (we will call them the way gynecologists name them):
- Persistence of the yellow body, when it lives more than 14 days;
- Insufficiency of this body, when it is subjected to devolution earlier than after 2 weeks.
How can you realize it? Naturally, by controlling your cycle. Of the monthlies became irregular and fail to come every month, the ovulation shifts seem very probable. To figure out the situation, consult a gynecologist and do not procrastinate. This way, you will be able to solve the problem quickly. The gynecologist will ascertain the reason and carry out its treatment. Typically it is a prescription of combined contraceptives. These little pills will regularize your cycle, improve the state of your whole body and bestow beauty on you.